What this policy covers:
This policy covers our treatment of the personal information we collect from you.
Why we collect personal information:
The personal information which we collect is needed to:
- Identify the purchasers and beneficiaries of prepaid and at need arrangements;
- Provide our services;
- Comply with legislative and regulatory requirements.
How personal information is used:
- We do not sell, barter, trade or give away the personal information you have provided to us.
- We will only share your information with third parties if we are required to by law or you have either expressly (in person and/or in writing) authorized us to, or, if it is required for the provision to you of a service or product supplied by another business or organization as part of our services to you.
- We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Access to your personal information:
- You may ask for access to any personal information we hold about you and you may ask that the information be corrected or updated. However, we reserve the right to confirm the identity of the person seeking access to personal information before complying with any access request.
- If we are unable to provide you with access to all of the personal information we have about you, then the reasons for the denial of access will be provided to you.
If you wish to ask a question about our collection and use of personal information; access your personal information, withdraw a consent previously provided, or make a complaint, please write to us at:
McKinlay Funeral Homes Ltd.
Attn: Nathan McKinlay
at one of our locations
If you are not satisfied with our response, the Privacy Commissioner of Canada may be reached at 112 Kent Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 1H3.
Let Us Help You
Please feel free to browse our pages to learn more about pre-planning a funeral and grief support, as well as the traditional funeral and cremation services that we have to offer. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at anytime, we are available by phone or e-mail, or drop by the office in person. We are always here to help.